Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: They Still Call Me Sister by Deborah Plummer Bussey

They Still Call Me SisterThey Still Call Me Sister by Deborah Plummer Bussey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Favourite quote …

“What…I’m not finished with the article. You can give it back to your friend when I’m finished, Sister Nun.”

Tina and Kathy are being briefed in how best to intervene and help Ebony.

At the end of the book, do you feel hope for the characters? I feel hope that Tina and Kathy are closer. They did not have a strained relationship but Kathy was not close to her sisters. I got the feeling that she stood on the outside looking in with family members. With Kathy going to become a nun at such an early age she did not experience clubs or going out with friends/family. Most all family members seemed to treat her as being better than they were. Kathy kept overlooking this and did not see this happening.

What did you think was the most interesting part of the book? Why? Tina and Kathy at City Tracks a club. Kathy is enthralled about the club having a bowling alley inside.

What did you think of the main character? I really enjoyed reading about Kathy and her experience in learning more about life. Reading about Kathy seeing new stuff was like seeing the world thru the eyes of a child.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment