Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review: Her Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Multiple Authors

Her Books Presents: Book Club PicksHer Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Steena Holmes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What is the time period in which the book happens? My favourite story from this sampler is Bette Lee Crosby's Spare Change. The story starts in the 1920s and then progresses to the 1950s. The timeline seemed realistic so I am guessing the author did quite a bit of research.
What was the problem in the book, and how was it solved? Ethan witnesses his father killing his mother and then Scooter killing his father. Terried, Ethan runs away. He hasn't had an easy childhood so trust doesn't come easily and as he doubts, runs, and tries to come to terms with what is happening in his life, this little boy grows - physically and mentally. This is a lovely read.
Did anyone in the book do something you did not like? Scooter. This man is the lowest of human beings and I truly wonder where the author got her inspiration for such a despicable creature.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment